Nutella Cream Pie
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Nutella Cream Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/2 block of cream cheese)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the crust:
- Grind the Oreo cookies in the food processor. Put the crumbs in a large bowl and add the sugar. Mix everything together. Pour in the melted sugar and stir to coat all of the cookie crumbs.
- Put the crumbs in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Press the crumbs into the side of the pie plate and then into the bottom.
- Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Once the crust is done baking, cool completely on a cooling rack. DO NOT pour in the Nutella cream filling until the crust has completely cooled.
To make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, (a handheld mixer works fine) mix together the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar.
Then add in the Nutella and milk. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the Nutella mixture into a bowl and refrigerate while you make the whipped cream.
To make the whipped cream:
- In a large mixing bowl with the whisk attachment, (a handheld mixer works too), pour in 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and mix on high speed.
- Slowly add in 3 Tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whip until stiff peaks form (until the whipped cream is firm).
To assemble pie:
- Add 1 cup of whipped cream to the Nutella mixture. Fold the ingredients together.
- Pour the Nutella Cream Filling into the cooled pie crust.
- Place in the freezer until the filling is firm. It will take a while to firm up, don’t worry. About 5-6 hours.
- Once the pie is firm, cut into slices and enjoy!
- If you like, top with the remaining whipped cream and chocolate shavings.